Marcia L. Sharp has been handling a broad-spectrum of complex real estate transactions since 1999. Prior to joining Yadegar, Minoofar & Soleymani LLP in February 2012, Marcia was Counsel at the international law firm of Sidley Austin LLP for over 10 years.
Marcia has experience in all aspects of real estate transactional law, including representation of major investment banks in connection with sale-leaseback multi-property transactions, and real estate developers, financial institutions, non-institutional lenders, landlords and tenants in a broad spectrum of real estate related transactions throughout the United States. Marcia has experience in negotiating and drafting agreements for the acquisition and disposition of real property on behalf of both sellers and buyers, assisting in the securitization of mortgage backed loans and drafting and negotiating construction and permanent mortgage financing on behalf of both lenders and borrowers. She also has experience in negotiation of leases for hotels, office buildings, industrial parks and apartments and the representation of an institutional capital source in connection with equity investment and joint venture participation to construct multi-use developments.
Recent engagements have included the following:
- Representation of a major investment fund in connection with numerous sale-leaseback transactions involving commercial properties located throughout the United States. These transactions have had an aggregate value well in excess of $1,000,000,000.
- Representation of a large cinema theater company in connection with several multi-property sale-leaseback transactions. These transactions have had an aggregate value of several hundred million dollars.
- Representation of investors in the acquisition and disposition of various commercial real estate assets, including fast-food restaurants, hotels and commercial office buildings.
- Representation of a commercial lender in the origination of a $25,000,000 mortgage-secured loan involving commercial properties.
- J.D. from UCLA School of Law in 1999Chair of Women’s Law Journal, member
- B.A. in English with Writing Emphasis, from Loyola Marymount University in 1996
- Member of California Bar, 1999
Presentations and Publications
- Presented at the Tenth Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research, “Rape: The Voiceless Crime in Titus Andronicus”
- Undergraduate English Student Colloquium, “We the People: The Debate Between Free Press and Fair Trial”
Real Estate Transactions
Phone: (310) 499-0140 Ext. 6